Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rose Gold Hair

Good afternoon all! I put some temporary color in my hair yesterday to try and give it a rose gold look and I wanted to show you how it turned out, and tell you how I did it. Here are a few pictures with and without flash and a close up.

With Flash

With Flash

Close Up with Flash


Natural Light
Ok, now here is how I did it. Obviously I have fairly light hair so the color shows up nice and bright, if you don't have light hair you could try a deeper/darker color, or use hair chalk because that shows up on any hair color. I would not recommend trying to bleach/lighten your hair without the help of a professional, even if it is a small spot.

To make the color I used Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids Hair color in Pink and Orange, and conditioner. You can get Pravana at some beauty supply stores and online. For this application and about a cup extra for touch ups, I used 1 1/4 cup conditioner, I recommend an inexpensive basic conditioner you can buy in a big bottle, it really doesn't matter what brand. In a resealable container I mixed the conditioner, about 3 to 4 tablespoons of the pink color, and about 1 teaspoon of the orange, it is very pigmented so add a little at a time. It isn't exact of course just experiment until you like the color you have made, keeping in mind it will be a little lighter on your hair when it is all done.

Now for application, on clean, dry hair you want to take a small section from the bottom and clip the rest out of the way. With your hands, or a hair color applying brush if you like, start from the ends and apply generously making your way up as far as you want the color to go. I did about 1/3 of the way up. When you are finished with that section comb it through and keep adding sections until your head is done. Depending on how you do it you may want to add some near the top to give it more of an ombre look. The best way to do this is clip the very top layers of your hair away and add streaks to the layers underneath. It blends much better that way and looks prettier in my opinion.

Finally, let it sit in your hair for about 30 minutes and then just rinse out, do not wash your hair or add extra conditioner. It will not transfer on to your clothing/bedding and will last for a few shampoos if you don't touch up. If you have extra just keep in in your shower and use it in place of your conditioner, apply it to colored areas and let it sit about 5 minutes.

Hope this was interesting for some of you.
Thanks for reading,
xo, Megan

Here are some pictures of other times I have done it or had it done, for anyone else who loves pastel hair.





6 comments:

  1. This hair looks so gorgeous on you! (:

    ♥ Sierra xx
    http://stylishlysierra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! Such a pretty colour! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair! Great blog,so I'm a New follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks freaking amazing! Loved it!
    Beijinho*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so stunning! I love how your temporary color turned out, what a great way to ombre your hair without it being permanent. Very fun and cute! :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I know this post is a little bit old but I was wondering if you could tell me if you used the Pravana Vivids in Pink, Neon Pink, or Magenta? I know you said pink in the description, I just wanted to check. Thanks so much!!! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete