Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review: Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick

Hello lovelies, hope you all had a great weekend. Today I have a review on Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in 356 Cherie Bow. I just purchased this a few days ago and I really love it, so I wanted to share why.



I'll start off by talking about the packaging, which is of course, absolutely gorgeous. I am a sucker for beautiful packaging, especially when it comes to lipstick. I want to start a collection, right now I only have this one and one YSL lipstick, my next will probably be a Tom Ford or Guerlain. 


Now, on to the color and formulation. The color is a nice nude pink. For my lip color and skin tone it is the perfect 'my lips but better' color. The Addict Extreme lipsticks claim to be lip color that lasts, but with a more balm-like shine than a traditional lipstick. After a few days of wearing this I can say they do last on my lips longer than most lipsticks, nothing like a stain, but a few hours of perfect looking wear. It feels very moisturizing and luxurious as well. It is on the more expensive side for a lipstick at $31, but it is worth every penny to me, and I will definitely be picking up more Dior lipsticks in the future.

Left: Dior 365 Cherie Bow, Right: L'Oreal the Balm in 818 Nourishing Nude
As far as a similar product goes, L'Oreal's the Balm in 818 Nourishing Nude is similar in color, but slightly more sheer and glossy with a shorter wear time. The price is significantly lower though around $7-8.

What do you think, do you care about packaging, or just try to get the best deal for your money?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love love that Dior color!! Looks great on :) Might have to add that to my wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. look beautiful! such a pretty colour <3 <3

    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour really does suit you, am a sucker for all coral lipsticks and my make up bag wants me to stop. I seriously love packaging, it just makes me really excited to open a product if it looks really nice, but when it comes down to it I would try get a better deal for my money, but hey if I was rich I'd do the opposite.
    You have a really lovely blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour, suits you very well! I want to check it also now, have an addiction for nude pinks!

    Eve
    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m surprised with the color after you applied it, it looks good on you! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete